Sunday, March 29, 2009

Creation Alert!

So what did I do with the fabulous yarn I bought from Handspun by Uli?

I made this whimsical pointy hat!

I will be sticking it up for sale on Art Fire this week! (I've decided to use Art Fire instead of Etsy. The vibe seemed pretty good there. You don't have to sign up for an account to buy something, and if you do sign up for an account, you can sell things for free, or upgrade if you want to sell lots of items in your store. They don't take any commission from you, so it seems like a pretty good deal if you ask me. If you do decide to join Art Fire, please list kraftyCat as your referer. Thanks!

Anyways, I loved working with the handspun wool - and it ended up being the perfect yarn for this style of hat! (And yes, that is me doing the modeling of the hat.)
I added some strands of alpaca yarn to the tassel to make it a bit fuller, and matches the handspun quite nicely.

I also found this fabulous pattern on Ravlry last night, and I LOVE it - now I just need to actually make it, instead of sitting and staring at it and wondering how it would look on me :D I'll probably make it in other colours, since I don't actually have many bright colours in my stash right now, but I do have a nice collection of buttons to use, so that will definatly be handy for this!

For those that don't know, Ravlry has an amazing assortment of patterns, many, like the above, are free, and easy to get at.
The site is still in beta, but it is free to join, so head on over (and if you like, you can add AmiKay as a friend :D ).

1 comment:

  1. wow, great hat.......... looks fabulous. Thanks for stopping by and showing off what you made with my yarn. Love it.

    ReplyDelete